Salary/Rate: £26,994 – £31,291/annum
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 11th May 2018
East Kent Mencap are a forward thinking Charity specialising in providing person centred Care and Support to vulnerable individuals and their families/carers, helping them to develop and maintain independence within their own communities.
The clients we provide a service to will have varying learning disabilities/challenging behaviours, and possibly additional mental health concerns.
We are looking to recruit an experienced individual to lead a team of support workers and seniors to deliver high quality support.
Key elements of the role include:
– Accountability for the delivery of the Supporting Independence Service contract and/or Direct Payments ensuring that all service performance indicators are achieved/exceeded
– The leadership, supervision and development of a diverse team to deliver an outstanding service and achieve a culture of excellence
-Deployment of staff to meet the service need
-Assessing, planning, recording and implementing appropriate care/support plans, risk assessments and other strategies to provide the appropriate care and/or support for the individuals they support.
– Ensuring the implementation of person-centred support including person-centred reviews to ensure that the people we support are enabled to achieve identified outcomes.
– Applicants must hold an NVQ/Diploma in health and social care (Levels 3-
5) or an industry recognised equivalent qualification
– A minimum of 2 years management experience in a CQC or similar setting.
– A thorough working knowledge of CQC requirements and compliance
– Possess an excellent working knowledge of Valuing People, MCA and DOLS
– Strong working knowledge of Safeguarding practices
– The knowledge and skills to implement policies and procedures
– Ability to work strategically and deliver change
– Ability to build strong partnerships with all stakeholders
– Be able to be creative, innovative and highly motivated
– You must be IT literate
This service provides 24/7 support therefore a flexible working approach will be required. In return we offer a full induction and training programme. A bespoke salary progression framework, a generous holiday and sickness allowance, pension, childcare vouchers and employee benefit package.
The closing date for this opportunity is 11th May 2018.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Alison Fengas, or call 01843 224482 for an application form.
Being holders of the disability confident certificate, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be offered an interview in every circumstance.