Hub Support Worker
Salary/Rate: £10.65 per hour.
Location: Herne Bay, Kent
1 x 15-hour vacancy
1 x 20-hour vacancy
Closing Date: 6th March 2024
About East Kent Mencap:
East Kent Mencap is a leading organisation committed to providing support for individuals with learning disabilities. We believe in promoting independence and supporting our Members to lead the life they choose and be part of their local community.
We are looking for two dedicated and compassionate Support Workers to join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of those we support.
These roles will enable individuals who require 1:1 support to attend our day services. You will work closely with our members to help them achieve their goals and aspirations, providing tailored support and guidance.
This support could involve elements of personal care and assisting individuals with their accessibility needs e.g. wheelchair use.
Duties will include:
– Planning and facilitating community activities such as swimming, gym, cinema and bowling.
– Running a range of sessions including life skills, cooking, sports, up-cycling, music, drama, leisure and social activities.
-Supporting and enabling our service users using your experience, skills, and passion.
-You will need to be fully flexible, covering day sessions and some evenings/weekends for clubs.
– Providing members with 1:1 support to access our sessions.
Support Worker Requirements:
– Experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities, ideally in a support or care setting would be useful but we offer a robust induction and training package to all applicants. Attitude, aptitude and ambition to succeed are the personal values that we seek.
– This role requires you to be working at a Level 2 in Health and Social Care. If you do not have this qualification then we can develop you through an apprenticeship. We just need your desire to sign up!
– A commitment to promoting independence and enabling people to achieve their goals and aspirations
– Ability to communicate effectively with Members, families, and colleagues
– Excellent organisational and time-management skills
-Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the Members
– A positive, can-do attitude and most importantly, a genuine desire to make a difference
Competitive salary and benefits package (including cycle to work, shopping and recreation discounts, flexible working, length of service holidays and sickness cover, and an employee assistance programme)
On-going training and development opportunities
A supportive and inclusive working environment
The chance to make a positive impact in the lives of those we support
If you are a dedicated and compassionate Support Worker looking for a rewarding new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: 6th March 2024
East Kent Mencap is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.