Salary/Rate: £40,000 – £44,000/annum
Location: Margate, Kent
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 30th May 2018
East Kent Mencap is a forward thinking charity specialising in providing person centred care and support to vulnerable individuals and their families/carers, helping them to develop and maintain independence within their own communities.
The clients we provide a service to will have varying learning disabilities/challenging behaviours, mental health and some may have forensic behaviours.
We are looking to recruit an experienced manager to lead equally on the daily operation of the supporting independence service and achieving compliance with the legal requirements of the care quality commission.
Key elements of the role include:
– Accountability for the delivery of the Supporting Independence Service contract ensuring that all service performance indicators are achieved/exceeded
– The leadership, supervision and development of a diverse team to deliver a high quality service and achieve a culture of excellence
– Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer on delivery of the Business Plan
– Applicants must hold an RMA, NVQ (Levels 5-7) or industry recognised equivalent qualification
– A minimum of 3 years management experience in a CQC setting.
– A thorough working knowledge of the Essential Standards CQC and compliance
– Strong working knowledge of Safeguarding practices
– Ability to work strategically and deliver change
– Ability to build strong partnerships with all stakeholders
– Proven budget management skills
– Be able to be creative, innovative and highly motivated
In return for your commitment and hard work you will enjoy access to length-of-service related holiday pay, generous sick pay, pension scheme and childcare vouchers (where applicable). In addition we provide a full training package and a bespoke salary progression framework.
East Kent Mencap is also a user of the Disability Confident scheme, therefore, disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be offered an interview in every circumstance.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Alison Fengas, or call 01843 224482 for an application form.
The closing date for this vacancy is Wednesday 30th May 2018. Successful candidates will be contacted after this date. The role is subject Disclosure Barring Service checks.