Salary/Rate:£7.63 – £8.50/hour
Location: Margate, Kent
Hours: Full time
Closing date: Friday 19th January 2018
East Kent Mencap has a full time opportunity for a receptionist/administrative assistant to join our busy administration team. You will be the first point of contact for all enquiries by telephone and in person. Therefore, successful applicants must possess a confident and professional manner and be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion within this role.
We are seeking a hardworking and adaptable individual who is happy to work independently and use their initiative on a daily basis. You will be relied upon to provide a high level of support to the team so it is vital that you can think on your feet and respond calmly and effectively to last minute changes. Previous experience is desirable.
This varied role has a range of duties to ensure the smooth running of the office. These include:
- Meet, greet and direct visitors in a professional and friendly manner
- Make, receive and direct telephone calls in a professional and friendly manner
- Receive, distribute and send post (Incoming and Outgoing)
- Ensure cash is safely and accurately processed by complying with current and emerging Financial and Accounting policies/protocols
- Assist the Executive Committee with the organisation of our monthly lottery
- Record and undertake all necessary aspects of the banking processes
- Reconcile the company credit card statement with purchases made
- Responsible for all aspects of purchase ordering
- Maintain databases, calendars and the booking of resources as directed
- Organise events and meetings and provide the administrative backup where required
- Record any accidents and analyse trends
- Log reactive maintenance issues in the absence of the Property Portfolio Manager
Candidates wishing to apply can call 01843 224482 for an application form or apply by CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Being a disability confident employer, candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be offered an interview in every circumstance.
The closing date for this opportunity is Friday 19th January 2018. Successful candidates will be contacted in the week commencing 22nd January 2018 to schedule an interview for 31st January 2018.