Hubble, bubble toil, and trouble! Halloween has arrived at East Kent Mencap and Amy W has shared her spook-tacular Halloween biscuit recipe for you all to enjoy.
100 grams butter
50 grams caster sugar
150 grams sifted plain flour
A teaspoon of ground mix spice
- Place the soften butter in a bowl with the sugar and beat until pale and creamy.
- Stir in the sifted plain flour and mix to a stiff dough. Wrap in cling film and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes or 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven for 180°C/ 350°F /Gas 4.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out the Halloween shapes.
- Place on a large, lightly greased, baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes until pale golden.
- Cool on a wire rack. Decorate when cold with thinly rolled out coloured fondant, and pipe spooky faces and eyes.
We would love to see photos of your spooky biscuits. Send your photos and any recipes you would like to share to: firstname.lastname@example.org