Salary/Rate: £8.98 – £9.11/hour
Location: CT6, Herne Bay, Kent
Closing date: Tuesday 1st June
Our Herne Bay Day Service is growing! Due to a successful funding bid, we are now on the hunt for a part-time support worker (30 hours) who will spend two days per week on a project designed to enable small groups of individuals with a learning disability to build their confidence in returning to their local community as the COVID-19 restrictions start to relax.
The funded project responsibilities will include:
- Contacting local people with learning disabilities to explain the project and describe how it will be beneficial.
- Creating easy read materials to help people understand the social niceties of keeping safe (social distancing, hand hygiene etc.).
- Organising activities at the Day Resource, including trips to local facilities such as the library, leisure centre and the beach, as well as supermarkets and local shops to gradually build up their confidence.
- Working with local partners, such as the police, health professionals and local businesses, to arrange visits and talks that familiarise people with their work to reassure them that it is safe to leave the house.
- Providing links to peer support from those more confident, to share experiences about getting out-and-about in a safe manner.
- Promotion of the project on social media and to local health and social services to reach as many people as possible.
The remaining two days of your contracted hours will be spent carrying out support in the regular Day Resource schedule of activities.
Please note the project will last for 6 months, after which all four days of the post will be working in the regular Day Resource schedule of activities.
We are seeking applications from candidates who are knowledgeable about COVID-19 considerations and can commit to keeping themselves updated with any changes to the government guidelines. You will also be a motivated and empowering individual who can work using your own initiative and enjoy building confidence in others.
We offer a full induction and training programme, salary progression, a generous holiday allowance, increasing with length of service, and sickness allowance as well as a pension scheme.
You can apply by sending your CV and covering letter to HR Manager, Alison Fengas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The closing date for this role is Tuesday 1st June. However, we reserve the right to close the job immediately should we receive sufficient early applications. If you would like an informal chat about this post, please contact our HR Manager, Alison Fengas by calling 01843 808964 or emailing email@example.com.
As we hold Disability Confident Leader status, all candidates with a disability meeting the minimum criteria for this role will be offered an interview on every occasion.