People with complex needs may:
- have more than one disability
- have a profound learning disability
- have great difficulty communicating
- need high levels of support with most aspects of daily life
- have additional sensory or physical disabilities, complex health needs or mental health difficulties
- have behaviours that challenge us.
We support people with complex needs to make their wants and needs known by listening to both their verbal and non-verbal feedback and working in partnership with their families and carers, and other service providers.
To ensure we meet the needs of individuals, we use a number of communication aids, including Picture Exchange Communication Systems.
We aim to work with people to develop person-centred support plans, which focus on the things that are important to them.
Complex Needs Day Resource
Our Complex Needs Day Resource provides the opportunity for people (16+) with additional support needs to develop their life skills, take part in therapeutic activities and access services within their community. To enable individuals to take in these activities, we can provide one-to-one or two-to-one support.
These services are based in an adapted space at our Margate Day Resource, which is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Our Complex Needs services are for people with funded support. Referrals must be discussed with your Care Manager.
For more information, contact us via email, or phone Ange Brown on 07478 045 593 or 01843 22 44 82.