Take a look at our fundraising do’s & don’ts to help you with your fundraising event
- Do set a target. Having something to aim for will encourage your supporters to help you reach that goal.
- Do set up a LocalGiving page. Make sure you choose ‘East Kent Mencap’ as your chosen charity.
- Do spread the word. After you have set up an online giving page, you can share, tweet and email it to friends and family. Don’t forget to tag us @eastkentmencap so we can share your success.
- Do make use of our materials. We aim to provide you with sponsor forms, t-shirts, collection buckets, stickers and handouts that can help to promote your cause.
- Do check guidelines for licences. If you are planning fundraisers such as a raffle or a public collection, or are having live music or serving alcohol, find out what precautions you might need to take.
- Don’t panic. We are here to help you.
- Don’t go it alone. Get support from your family and friends and make it a date in everyone’s social calendar.
- Don’t forget to thank people that sponsor you, make donations or volunteer. Include us in an online post so we can thank them too.
- Don’t overlook health and safety procedures if you're organising a large event or using a venue.
- Don’t underestimate the difference you are making to the lives of people with a learning disability.
- Don’t be a stranger. We like to hear about people's fundraising experiences.
We do our best to stretch every pound you raise in supporting the lives of adults & children with learning disabilities in East Kent, so don’t forget to sign up to our mailing list and stay up to date
[Currently under construction]
- Read our A-Z of Fundraising Ideas
- Download a Sponsor Form
- Download a Gift Aid Declaration Form
- Download Event Poster Templates
- Download a Press Release Template