Location: Thanet, Kent
Hours: 37 Hours
Closing date: 06/12/2023
About East Kent Mencap:
East Kent Mencap is a leading organisation committed to providing support and care for individuals with learning disabilities. We believe in promoting independence and helping our Members to lead fulfilling lives in the community. We are looking for a dedicated and compassionate Support Worker to join our team and make a positive impact in the lives of those we support.
We are seeking an Additional Needs Support Worker to work as part of a team supporting children, young people and adults with Autism, Mental Health Issues, and Physical and/or Learning Disabilities at home and in the community. This is an exciting service working with a range of complex health needs, communication difficulties and behaviours that challenge.
This role would involve occasional sleep-ins (paid at £70.47 per night) weekend and evening support.
We welcome applications from flexible candidates with good availability. A driving licence and the use of your own vehicle is essential.
Support Worker Requirements:
– Experience of working with individuals with Autism/learning disabilities, ideally in a support or care setting would be useful but we offer a robust induction and training package to bring all applicants up to speed. Attitude, aptitude and ambition to succeed are the personal values that we seek.
– This role requires you to be working at a Level 3 in Health and Social Care. If you do not have this qualification, we can develop you through an apprenticeship. We just need your desire to sign up!
– Ability to communicate effectively with Members, families, and colleagues
– Excellent organisational and time-management skills
-Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the Members
– A positive, can-do attitude and most importantly, a genuine desire to make a difference
Competitive salary and benefits package (including cycle to work, shopping and recreation discounts, flexible working, length of service holidays and sickness cover, and an employee assistance programme)
On-going training and development opportunities
A supportive and inclusive working environment
The chance to make a positive impact in the lives of those we support
If you are a dedicated and compassionate Support Worker looking for a rewarding new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: 6th December 2023
East Kent Mencap is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.