Salary/Rate: £10.65 plus £70.47 per sleep in shift
Location: Swale, Kent
Hours: 37 Hours
Closing date: 04/01/2024
About East Kent Mencap:
East Kent Mencap is a leading organisation committed to providing support for individuals with learning disabilities. We believe in promoting independence and supporting our Members to lead the life they choose and be part of their local community. We are looking for a dedicated and compassionate Housing and Community Support Worker to join our team and positively impact the lives of those we support.
This role will play a crucial part in providing support with life skills and promoting independence for individuals with learning disabilities. You will work closely with our Members to help them achieve their goals and aspirations, providing tailored support and guidance in all aspects of daily living.
-Provide support with daily living tasks such as personal care, household tasks, and managing finances
-Assist with accessing community resources and recreational activities
-Encourage and support Members to develop their life skills and independence
-Develop positive and supportive relationships with Members and their families, carers and health care professionals
-Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the Member’s support and progress
-Work as part of a team to provide high-quality, person-centered support
Support Worker Requirements:
– Experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities, ideally in a support or care setting would be useful but we offer a robust induction and training package to all applicants. Attitude, aptitude and ambition to succeed are the personal values that we seek.
– This role requires you to be working at a Level 2 in Health and Social Care. If you do not have this qualification then we can develop you through an apprenticeship. We just need your desire to sign up!
– A commitment to promoting independence and enabling people to achieve their goals and aspirations
– Ability to communicate effectively with Members, families, and colleagues
– Excellent organisational and time-management skills
-Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the Members
– A positive, can-do attitude and most importantly, a genuine desire to make a difference
Competitive salary and benefits package (including cycle to work, shopping and recreation discounts, flexible working, length of service holidays and sickness cover, and an employee assistance programme)
On-going training and development opportunities
A supportive and inclusive working environment
The chance to make a positive impact in the lives of those we support
If you are a dedicated and compassionate Housing and Community Support Worker looking for a rewarding new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
East Kent Mencap is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We’re unable to support UK relocation or sponsor a visa for this role.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Lauren Kay at email@example.com
Closing date: 4th January 2024