Closing date: 13/12/2023
About East Kent Mencap:
East Kent Mencap is a leading organisation committed to providing support for individuals with learning disabilities. We believe in promoting independence and supporting our Members to lead the life they choose and be part of their local community.
We are looking for a dedicated, flexible, and compassionate Support Worker to join our team and make a positive impact to the lives of those we support.
This role will involve preparing and delivering varied sessions to groups of members who attend the hub. Your sessions will be interesting and varied, as well as fun, with the focus on enablement, and giving the members new skills and experiences.
You may also support individuals who require 1:1 support to attend our day services and engage in the sessions. You could be supporting with elements of personal care, and assisting individuals with their accessibility needs e.g. wheelchair use.
You will work closely with our members to help them achieve their goals and aspirations, providing person-centred tailored support along the way.
Duties will include:
– Planning and running a range of in-house, and out in the community sessions, including life skills, cooking, sports, up-cycling, music, drama, leisure and social activities, and setting up valuable links in the local community to expand the range of the session program.
-Supporting and enabling our service users in all areas of their life using your commitment, flair and passion.
-You will need to be fully flexible, covering day sessions and some evenings/weekends for clubs.
– Adaptability is crucial for this role and you will be required to support at different locations within Thanet
Support Worker Requirements:
– Experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities, ideally in a support or care setting would be useful but we offer a robust induction and training package to all applicants. Attitude, aptitude and ambition to succeed are the personal values that we seek.
– This role requires you to be working at a Level 2 in Health and Social Care. If you do not have this qualification then we can develop you through an apprenticeship. We just need your desire to sign up!
– A commitment to promoting independence and enabling people to achieve their goals and aspirations
– Ability to communicate effectively with Members, families, colleagues and outside agencies.
– Excellent organisational and time-management skills
-Basic PC skills.
-Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of a large service and the Members
– A positive, can-do attitude and most importantly, a genuine desire to make a difference
If you are a dedicated and compassionate individual looking for a rewarding new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply here.
Closing date: 13th December 2023
East Kent Mencap is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.